Saturday, August 2, 2008

A First Attempt

I have never blogged before. Sounds typical, I know. I thought I never would, that it was a waste of time, but an old friend inspired me. I realize in my case this is more a release, more like journalling. I have a written journal, but that is my super personal one, thank you very much! I will write here abstract and public ideas that won't be too awkward for public viewing.
I am recently married- happily married. On a beautiful summer day I walked down a sun drenched stair to my love, who waited not so patiently for me to say I do. I don't exaggerate when I say there were deer in the grass, and yellow butterflies flitting by as we said our vows. It was unbelievably perfect. Just as our dear pastor Aaron Stern pronounced us man and wife, the church bells in a nearby tower began to ring.
So begins my married life. The rest of my life, our life! Justin is my favorite person, and I was just too spoiled to spend the next week on a beach in Cancun with him. We came home to our tiny apartment, just big enough for two. One of our friends told us that the reason they had so many children is because they started with a such a small apartment that they bumped into each other all the time. Hopefully that won't be true for us just yet!
I feel not quite somewhere yet. Without a job and not much to do except make our apartment cozy, and the fall semester looming ahead, I wait impatiently for where God is taking us, to find out where we are. It is an ecstatic and unbelievable blessing that Justin and I are able to spend our time together; so much to do, and no idea how much time.

No comments: