Monday, October 12, 2009

Thoughts and News

God can be very secretive.
Proverbs says it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings to seek it out.
He does not hide to prevent being found, but to encourage His bride to search.
My newly acquired job teaching dance ended abruptly this last week when I was informed the economic stress on the dance studio had become too much, and they could no longer afford to employ me. I had been working there about one month when this happened. I know God had a plan for this very short season in my life, even if it was just to gain some experience teaching in an unfamiliar setting. Most of my past teaching experience has been in locations I was comfortable with, and I was given a lot of freedom in how I would teach technique and what exactly I would choreograph. Now I can say I've worked in a totally alien environment, and experienced quite the gambit of new challenges: working with adorable children no older than 5, facing opposition from superiors and students, choreographing multiple levels, and broaching the awkwardness of open rebellion from highschool students. All of this has been extremely valuable, but now I find myself back to looking for the "Now Hiring" signs.
God has something else in mind. Something perfect, like all the rest of His plan, if I can have the sense to see it. Justin continues busy with school, his days full of study and research and choir performances and hanging out with the guys from class. I continue to look for a job and spend my time however I can, often in the house by myself for hours, cleaning or reading or surfing the net. I do enjoy solitude, but only to a point. I have surpassed that point. Visiting my parents in the Springs to help with whatever needs to be done helps break up the monotony, as well as time with Justin. Just this past week we made a trip back in time to the 1920s themed homecoming dance at CCU. I loved getting all dressed up in whatever I have that resembles the era, complete with my hat with the netting falling over the face.
I will also go down to the Springs this weekend to help with my friend's dance apparel store, fitting shoes and leotards for dancers.

No comments: