Friday, September 26, 2008

Letting Go

The other night I ran into an old friend that I have not been in contact with for a few years. We went our separate ways when this girl- for argument's sake, call her Jill- felt that I stole one of my ex boyfriends from her. This literally happened over two years ago; the facts are too messy to even think of blogging. The point is, I saw her the other night... the first topic she brought up was my ex boyfriend. She was very intentional about making sure I knew she had been seeing him practically every day this summer, and that she knew what was going on in his life. I was amazed that after two years this girl was still holding onto a perceived wrong; something that didn't actually happen, but to her is worth a grudge of two years, which also cost a friendship. It was sad to see. I was prepared to leave the past where it belongs. Unfortunately, it can take a long time to let go.

No comments: